Careers at NCS
NCS Technologies, Inc.
7669 Limestone Drive
Gainesville, VA 20155-4038
OPEN POSITIONS (see below)
- Senior Proposal Manager
- Graphic Design Intern
Senior Proposal Manager
Background: NCS is a growing innovator and manufacturer of a wide range of computing devices for enterprises of all sizes. We are seeking a Proposal Manager to lead Federal proposal analysis and development.
- Uncover opportunities by all means available including third-party and government-operated business opportunity research/advertisement portals, personal networking, sales calls, tradeshows, etc.
- Research and build a business case for each opportunity that is congruent and compatible with NCS’ existing business model. If the business model must be modified to pursue the opportunity, advocate such changes with management and obtain approval for implementation.
- Analyze each opportunity, acquire as quickly as possible a detailed understanding of the procurement strategy and advocate with customers to minimize our risks and disadvantages and maximize our probability of winning.
- Form partnerships and teaming arrangements with other firms to enable NCS to compete successfully on each opportunity.
- Track future opportunities.
- Monitor bid boards, including FBO, GSA eBuy, FedBid, and SLED sites, for potential opportunities.
- Read and analyze RFPs.
- Develop questions in response to RFPs.
- Conduct and participate in meetings with internal resources, customers, and partners to create winning proposals.
- Develop and formalize a winning strategy for each opportunity.
- Develop outline and schedule including project milestones.
- Fully convey the winning strategies to other members of the proposal teams.
- Ensure that the winning strategies are properly translated into and reflected throughout our proposals.
- Assign writing and editing responsibilities.
- Serve as the Point of Contact between company and the Government.
- Coordinate inputs from various groups (Sales, Product Management, Engineering, Purchasing, etc.).
- Lead status and review meetings.
- Write and edit proposal sections.
- Complete proposal-specific Government forms (i.e. SF1449, SF30, Reps & Certs, W-9, etc.).
- Create the final proposal documents, both electronic and hard copy versions.
- Request and attend debriefings.
- Maintain the company’s Bid Repository.
Qualifications: To carry out his/her duties and responsibilities, the individual must possess the following qualifications and personality attributes:
- Minimum of 5 years of Proposal Development/Management.
- Must have sufficient knowledge of the FAR/DFAR and Government/DOD procurement practices.
- Knowledge of Government Contracting, specifically Requests for Proposals.
- Experience with IT product delivery acquisitions.
- Must be extremely detailed oriented.
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task on a sustained basis.
- Strong interpersonal networking skills and able to build relationships with individuals with diverse personalities.
- Persistent, patient and relentless in pursuing opportunities.
- Strong analytical skills and must possess the ability to separate “the wheat from the chaff” efficiently in determining when and where to focus one’s own and corporate resources.
- At least 5 years of experience with Word, Excel, and PDF editing.
- Familiar with creation and editing of graphics, such as flowcharts.
- High English language proficiency, both spoken and written.
- Ability to work in high-stress, deadline-driven environment.
- Formal proposal management training desired (i.e. Shipley).
- Familiar with SalesForce.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and abilities.
Graphic Design Intern
Background: NCS is a growing innovator and manufacturer of a wide range of computing devices for enterprises of all sizes. We are seeking a Graphic Design Intern to assist the Sales and Marketing organizations.
Position Responsibilities: This position will be responsible for creating the designs for collateral, signs, ads, trade show booths, web pages, email blasts, user guides and other source materials to help in the marketing and sale of NCS products and solutions. If the candidate is still in college this position can be part time and an offer flexible hours around a student’s academic schedule.
Job Type: This position may be up to 40 hours over the summer with flexible hours during the academic year.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced marketing and sales environment
- Must be creative and have good project management skills—able to multitask, prioritize and adhere to production deadlines
- Proficient in Adobe CS Suite (specifically InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Proficient in Office Suite: Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Some familiarity with web editing, HTML and Drupal a plus
- Strong organizational skills, detail and deadline oriented
- Portfolio work examples required. Can be from school assignments or outside work
NCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NCS provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital states or disability.
NCS Technologies is an Affirmative Action Employer who values cultural diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V