You are here
Careers at NCS
NCS Technologies, Inc.
7669 Limestone Drive
Gainesville, VA 20155-4038
Sales Manager (SM), OSA
Postion: NCS is a growing innovator and manufacturer of a wide range of computing devices for enterprises of all sizes. We are seeking a Sales Manager to help expand our OEM business.
Scope: Discover, capture, and develop sales opportunities to attain goals defined by the Vice President of OSA. When assigned, developing and managing growth with certain existing customer accounts. As a high-level sales professional, the SM will manage and execute on a day-to-day basis specific tactical go-to-market sales activities to close opportunities that deliver NCS products and services to commercial OSA customers to include ISVs (Independent Software Vendors), OEMs & Gov’t-focused System Integrators (SIs).
New Sales Opportunities:
The SM will discover, develop leads, and engage with prospective customers and determine if the opportunity merits further pursuit by NCS. The SM will task and monitor the assigned Account Manager (AM) to complete certain administrative tasks for each new customer. The SM will also be involved in the development of initial customer product specifications in concert with Product Management and Engineering as necessary and appropriate. Upon completion and acceptance of the First Article of a new customer’s product, the SM will start to transition to the day-to-day order processing and fulfillment management to the AM. However, the SM will continue to “own” and develop the account including managing and growing relationships with key personnel, enhancing the customer’s perception of NCS and our standing, and find opportunities to expand NCS business within the customer.
Existing Customer Business:
When assigned an existing customer account to manage, the SM will quickly gain an understanding of their business model, roles of key personnel and assessment of our relationship with them, NCS’ standing and performance, and how we can better serve the customer. The SM then develops a transition plan to take over the account and inspire, lead, and cooperate with the AM and other colleagues at NCS to execute the plan. At the same time, the SM will set out to discover new sales opportunities within the account to grow it above and beyond where it was when it was assigned.
In addition to the tasks that will need to be executed to bring on a new customer or enhance business with an existing one, the SM will also be responsible for:
- Becoming familiar with the solution offerings of OSA customers and target markets in order to better analyze OSA customers' hardware requirements and make intelligent recommendations in concert with Product Management
- Briefing customers on NCS' OEM service offerings
- With the help of the AM, establishing agreements with OEM Customers as necessary, such as: Mutual-Non Disclosure Agreements (MNDA), Credit Applications, Manufacturing and Services Agreement, and for specific custom product opportunities - Statements of Work (SOW)
- Collaborating with Product Management and AM to provide price quotations in response to customer requests
- Assist the AM as necessary in the escalation of the planning, scheduling, tracking, and timely delivery of customer orders
- Coordinating with other groups within the company to provide customers with pre- and post-sales support as needed
- Providing feedback to management and/or teammates on customer requirements, concerns, or competitive issues
- The SM may be required to travel as often as one week per month
- The SM must be able to maintain a positive demeanor during stressful and demanding situations with seemingly conflicting priorities.
- The SM must be willing to work additional hours during high volume periods of business, especially at the end of each calendar quarter.
Required Qualifications, Experience & Desired Characteristics:
- Conversational knowledge of x86 server computing, networking, storage, and virtualization technologies.
- Experienced in OEM environment whereby NCS is engaged in designing/manufacturing systems for other corporate entities plus performing other services such as order fulfillment, logistics management, warranty maintenance, etc.
- Outgoing and comfortable in both business and social setting but at the same time able to sustain concentration of attention to achieve specific goals and objectives
- Professional demeanor in appearance and conduct
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial, well-motivated, disciplined, and able to work independently and self-sufficiently to close sale opportunities, but also as a team player that can exercise good judgment as to when to ask for help and when to lend a hand to others.
- Communicative with both customers and colleagues to advance common goals
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills – crisp and clear in intentions and requirements
- Detail oriented, thorough, and not prone to “making assumptions”
- Dependable and willing to take ownership of matters through successful completion
- A person of his/her word – able to make and meet commitments with integrity
- Able to think creatively and willing examine/question past practices before applying them to solve current problems/issues
- Able to connect the dots between events and matters that may appear unrelated/unconnected to most
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and abilities.
Chief Product Development Officer
Background: NCS is a growing innovator and manufacturer of a wide range of computing devices for enterprises of all sizes. We are seeking a Chief Product Development Officer to enhance our tradition of innovation by leading efforts to develop new products for the emerging era of secure and cloud computing.
Position Responsibilities: The Chief Product Development Officer, reporting directly to the President, is a critical position within our organization responsible for translating our strategic product vision into devices for sale. It requires an individual who can dream and visualize things that will be of great appeal and use to enterprise IT managers but do not yet exist. While endowed with a soaring imagination, this individual must also be practical and disciplined to oversee implementation details on an on-going basis. Specifically, duties and responsibilities for this position include:
- Dream, think outside of the box, listen, and talk to find viable value propositions for new product ideas.
- Develop and present business cases for new product ideas.
- Assess potential return on investment; compare total development costs with expected sales volume, price, and margins to see if it makes financial sense to develop the idea into a product.
- See uses for products that users do not know they want or need.
- Ideate products, investigate feasibility of its implementation with internal & partner resources, and mitigate shortcomings where appropriate.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers and industry partners; foster an environment with said parties where inspirations for new products may arise. Able to work with high level executives and as well as operational contacts with customers and within the industry to advance NCS’ interests and objectives.
- Lead and manage all product development projects encompassing interdisciplinary collaborations within the company and industry partners.
- Collaborate closely with NCS Marketing to launch each new product.
- Lead and manage own team to pursue product vision.
Qualifications: To carry out his/her duties and responsibilities, the individual must possess the following qualifications and personality traits including both complementary and contradictory attributes:
- Thoroughly familiar with technologies, trends, security & legal issues involving:
*Clients and servers
*Network and Internet connectivity
*Cloud software and services
- Passion, enthusiasm, and intense curiosity for leading/bleeding edge technologies.
- Well-read and up-to-date in technology matters.
- Inquisitive, creative while equally able to continually pay the utmost attention to minute details.
- Sharp eye for details and keen appreciation for aesthetics.
- Innate need, desire, and drive to turn concepts and ideas into action and reality.
- Aggressive but diplomatic in developing and maintaining relationships with colleagues both inside and outside of the company.
- Comfortable in social settings with peers in the industry and able develop professional relationships with them.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Arts, Science, or Engineering.
- Experience in product ideation and implementation.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and abilities.
NCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NCS Technologies is an Affirmative Action Employer who values cultural diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V