Careers at NCS
NCS Technologies, Inc.
7669 Limestone Drive
Gainesville, VA 20155-4038
The following position is available (details below):
(1) Account Executive, State & Local/Education (SLED)
Senior Account Executive, State & Local/Education (SLED)
Background: NCS is a growing innovator, manufacturer, and integrator of a wide range of computing devices for enterprises of all sizes. We are seeking an Account Executive to develop and grow the sales of NCS and our OEM partners' products and solutions to the SLED community. This position will be responsible for managing all efforts of securing and winning opportunities including sales, marketing, partnership formation with OEMs, Distributors, and Prime contract holders, relationship building, technical and business requirement analysis, solution developments, etc. The individual appointed to this position will report to the Director of SLED.
- Must be able to independently uncover or follow leads gathered by other activities within NCS, quickly qualify them, and formulate and implement action plans to develop them into bona fide opportunities.
- Work across all activities within the SLED community where NCS may or may not have a presence. If NCS has a presence, at the request of management, work collaboratively with the existing NCS sales personnel to capture the opportunity.
- Take ownership of the business as if it is one's own utilizing the resources NCS provides. Be the entrepreneur creating and fulfilling demands for NCS offerings.
- Manage the strategic direction of all accounts and opportunities within the SLED territory. Relying on Sales, Business Development, Account, and Program Managers and all other resources within the company to implement said direction and grow the business accordingly. Work closely with the NCS Program Management Team to make sure they are aware of all on-going efforts and overall directions by including the Director of SLED in your deliberation and communication.
- Manage each sales opportunity from beginning to end. Track all emerging demands for products/solutions and provide pre and post-sales coaching to the NCS Customer Service Team to ensure 100% customer satisfaction. Familiarize all relevant activities within NCS with opportunities you are tracking and customer base being supported.
- Create opportunities by connecting the dots from disparate elements that appear unrelated to the naked eye but are actually intricately intertwined and can result in meaningful business. Do so by developing a keen understanding of the customers' organizational structure, issues/problems they are seeking solutions for, and NCS' resources, capabilities, and ecosystem, and imagining how said elements can be interconnected to form opportunities and business propositions.
- Guide yourself and other resources within NCS to influence and shape customers' demand by becoming aware of them first, stay abreast and ahead of them in all phases of the procurement and prepare to bid and win when the requirement is finalized and released to the public by having the most advantageous solutions (technical, business, & partnership) ready.
- Work closely with the Proposal team on procurements by managing NCS' relationship with the potential customers and business partners as necessary and appropriate. Be a "force multiplier" for the Proposal team by intervening where and when appropriate and necessary to enhance the solution, accelerate the proposal preparation effort, and improve chance of winning for the team.
- As a Prime vendor of the Virginia Information Technologies Agency (VITA), constant support of the contract and OEM offerings from NCS, Hewlett Packard Incorporated (HPI), Durabook Americas and Samsung are a must to ensure growth within the territory.
- Understand all the specific details of the customer requirements. If they cannot be satisfied with general offerings on NCS BPAs or ID/IQ contracts, then initiate, lead, advocate, and innovate the development of technical and business solutions for such requirements. Factor in higher margins commensurate with complex solutions. At the same time, use the opportunities to ingratiate one's self with the customers by virtue of being able to offer unique capabilities and services.
- Attend conferences, trade shows and networking events to build relationships. Uncover new opportunities and pursue as necessary.
- For each emerging opportunity, quickly identify the partners that NCS must enlist to develop the solutions and register the opportunity with them as soon as possible for registered pricing.
- Maintain an opportunity pipeline that is at least three times larger than one's revenue and margin targets at all time
- Focus a majority of time on communicating and meeting with customers. Getting in front of customers for face-to-face meetings should be the priority. Be able to brief the V.P. of Sales and Director of SLED of schedule of commitment showing a persistent and sustained pursuit of business, existing or new.
- Research the customers, their requirements, build a business case for each travel requirement, document and track opportunities in Salesforce before expending the company resources to do so. Make sure each trip is fully justified from money and time management perspectives. Initial travel will include the state of Virginia and surrounding states.
- Seek ways to position NCS as well as the VITA contract offerings for inclusion into customer's IT infrastructure. Deftly mix commodity low margin sales with those of higher margins for complex solutions to meet margin target.
- Bring customers' perspectives to the Product Development, Product Management, and Engineering teams to influence their work in the hope of developing products/solutions that are of interest to other NCS customers.
- Develop and execute an annual business plan under the guidance of the V.P. of Sales and the Director of SLED that supports your assigned projects, territory and revenue/margin goals. Business plan would include information such as targeted customers & opportunities, OEM products and contract positioning, partnership formation, high level marketing efforts, etc.
Qualifications: To carry out his/her duties and responsibilities, the individual must possess the following qualifications and personality attributes.
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task on a sustained basis
- Persistent and patient in pursuing opportunities
- Strong analytical skills and must possess the ability to separate "the wheat from the chaff"
efficiently in determining when and where to focus one's own and corporate resources
- Minimum five years of experience selling products and solutions within the SLED community
- Thoroughly familiar with sales practices employed in the computer industry
- Able to demonstrate a successful track record in sales
- Must have knowledge and experience with the acquisition practice.
- SLED experience or exposure strongly desired
- Must be totally customer/market focused
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal networking skills
- Strong written / oral communication and negotiating skills
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, science, or engineering
- Commensurate with experience and abilities.
NCS Technologies, Inc. provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability