Careers at NCS
NCS Technologies, Inc.
7669 Limestone Drive
Gainesville, VA 20155-4038
The following positions are available (details below):
Senior Proposal Manager
Senior Proposal Manager
Background: NCS is a growing manufacturer of a range of computing devices and valued-added reseller serving the Federal government as well as small and large enterprises. We are seeking an experienced Senior Proposal Manager to lead Federal proposal analysis and development.
- Maintain awareness of opportunities available through third-party and government-operated business opportunity research/advertisement portals, personal networking, sales calls, tradeshows, etc.
- Analyze each opportunity to minimize our risks and disadvantages and maximize our probability of winning.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of partnerships and teaming arrangements with other firms to enable NCS to compete successfully on each opportunity.
- Maintain awareness of future opportunities to understand potential impact on resources and ability to develop proposals.
- Monitor bid boards, including FBO, GSA eBuy, FedBid, and SLED sites, for potential opportunities.
- Read and analyze RFIs, RFQs, Sources Sought Notices, and RFPs, with additional attention to Statement of Work, evaluation methodology, and submission requirements.
- Develop questions in response to RFPs.
- Schedule, organize, conduct and participate in meetings with internal resources, customers, and partners to create winning proposals.
- Develop, review and socialize a winning strategy for each opportunity within NCS and team members/partners.
- Develop proposal outline, compliance matrix and schedule including project milestones.
- Ensure that the winning strategies are properly translated into and reflected throughout our proposals.
- Assign writing and editing responsibilities.
- Develop, write and edit proposal sections.
- Develop graphics concepts to improve impact and effectiveness of key messages and value proposition.
- Coordinate inputs from various groups (Sales, Product Management, Engineering, Purchasing, etc.).
- Verifies complex technical solutions, strategies and themes are easily understandable, readable and compelling.
- Lead status and review meetings.
- Complete proposal-specific Government forms (i.e. SF1449, SF30, Reps & Certs, W-9, etc.).
- Create the final proposal documents, both electronic and hard copy versions.
- Serve as the Point of Contact between company and the Government.
- Request and attend debriefings.
- Participate in metrics collection and analysis and provide input into Dashboard Reports to corporate leadership.
- Maintain the company’s proposal library.
Qualifications: To carry out his/her duties and responsibilities, the individual must possess the following qualifications and personality attributes.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study.
- Minimum of 7 years of Proposal Development/Management, preferably with a technical product manufacturer/reseller.
- Mastery of the English language, both spoken and written.
- Must have sufficient knowledge of the FAR/DFAR and Government/DOD procurement practices.
- Knowledge of Government contracting, specifically Requests for Proposals.
- Experience with IT product delivery acquisitions.
- Must be extremely detailed oriented and well organized.
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task on a sustained basis.
- Must be able to independently manage a challenging workload when faced with unexpected changes in priorities and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal networking skills and able to build relationships with individuals with diverse personalities.
- Persistent, patient and relentless in pursuing opportunities.
- Strong analytical skills and must possess the ability to separate “the wheat from the chaff” efficiently in determining when and where to focus resources.
- At least 7 years of experience with Word, Excel, PDF editing, and desktop publishing.
- Familiar with creation and editing of graphics, such as flowcharts.
- Ability to work in high-stress, deadline-driven environment.
- Formal proposal management training desired (i.e. Shipley).
- Experience with SalesForce and Sharepoint desired.
- Commensurate with experience and abilities.
NCS Technologies, Inc. provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability