Careers at NCS
NCS Technologies, Inc.
7669 Limestone Drive
Gainesville, VA 20155-4038
The following positions are available (details below):
Senior Proposal Manager and Customer Relationship Manager
Senior Proposal Manager
Background: NCS is a growing manufacturer of a range of computing devices and valued-added reseller serving the Federal government as well as small and large enterprises. We are seeking an experienced Senior Proposal Manager to lead Federal proposal analysis and development.
- Uncover opportunities by all means available including third-party and government-operated business opportunity research/advertisement portals, personal networking, sales calls, tradeshows, etc.
- Research and build a business case for each opportunity that is congruent and compatible with NCS’ existing business model. If the business model must be modified to pursue the opportunity, advocate such changes with management and obtain approval for implementation.
- Analyze each opportunity, acquire as quickly as possible a detailed understanding of the procurement strategy and advocate with customers to minimize our risks and disadvantages and maximize our probability of winning.
- Form partnerships and teaming arrangements with other firms to enable NCS to compete successfully on each opportunity.
- Track future opportunities.
- Monitor bid boards, including FBO, GSA eBuy, FedBid, and SLED sites, for potential opportunities.
- Read and analyze RFPs.
- Develop questions in response to RFPs.
- Conduct and participate in meetings with internal resources, customers, and partners to create winning proposals.
- Develop and formalize a winning strategy for each opportunity.
- Develop outline and schedule including project milestones.
- Fully convey the winning strategies to other members of the proposal teams.
- Ensure that the winning strategies are properly translated into and reflected throughout our proposals.
- Assign writing and editing responsibilities.
- Serve as the Point of Contact between company and the Government.
- Coordinate inputs from various groups (Sales, Product Management, Engineering, Purchasing, etc.).
- Lead status and review meetings.
- Write and edit proposal sections.
- Complete proposal-specific Government forms (i.e. SF1449, SF30, Reps & Certs, W-9, etc.).
- Create the final proposal documents, both electronic and hard copy versions.
- Request and attend debriefings.
- Participate in metrics collection and analysis.
- Maintain the company’s Bid Repository.
Qualifications: To carry out his/her duties and responsibilities, the individual must possess the following qualifications and personality attributes.
- Minimum of 5 years of Proposal Development/Management.
- High English language proficiency, both spoken and written.
- Must have sufficient knowledge of the FAR/DFAR and Government/DOD procurement practices.
- Knowledge of Government Contracting, specifically Requests for Proposals.
- Experience with IT product delivery acquisitions.
- Must be extremely detailed oriented.
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task on a sustained basis.
- Strong interpersonal networking skills and able to build relationships with individuals with diverse personalities.
- Persistent, patient and relentless in pursuing opportunities.
- Strong analytical skills and must possess the ability to separate "the wheat from the chaff" efficiently in determining when and where to focus resources.
- At least 5 years of experience with Word, Excel, and PDF editing.
- Familiar with creation and editing of graphics, such as flowcharts.
- Ability to work in high-stress, deadline-driven environment.
- Formal proposal management training desired (i.e. Shipley).
- Commensurate with experience and abilities.
NCS Technologies, Inc. provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability
A&SE Customer Relationship Manager
Position: Appliance & Server Engineering Customer Relationship Manager
- Primary point of contact for day-to-day interaction with assigned ASE customer accounts
- Customer order entry
- Tracking orders through build and fulfillment
- Track new project / product activities and schedules for assigned ASE customers
- Engage internal and external resources to keep projects and orders on schedule
- Coordinate and attend recurring customer meetings, including developing agendas and assigning and tracking action items
- Obtain (guide /create) forecast from customers
- Develop initial quotations for products / opportunities which are based on “standard platforms”
- Prepare and present final quotations to customer
- Assist Business Development with logistics regarding assigned ASE customers’ opportunities and orders
- Assist Business Development with follow through on new opportunities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think strategically and analytically
- Ability to manage multiple tasks to meet various deadlines
- Must be able to develop and execute a vision for the job
- Demonstrable enthusiasm for new technologies
- BA / BS degree and 3-5 years of applicable experience (Sales / Manufacturing / Customer Service) preferred
- Familiarity with MS Office, QuoteWerks, SAP, SalesForce.com a plus
NCS Technologies, Inc. provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital states or disability