Careers at NCS
NCS Technologies, Inc.
7669 Limestone Drive
Gainesville, VA 20155-4038
Senior Proposal Manager
Background: NCS is a growing manufacturer of a range of computing devices and valued-added reseller serving the Federal government as well as small and large enterprises. We are seeking an experienced Senior Proposal Manager to lead Federal proposal analysis and development.
- Uncover opportunities by all means available including third-party and government-operated business opportunity research/advertisement portals, personal networking, sales calls, tradeshows, etc.
- Research and build a business case for each opportunity that is congruent and compatible with NCS’ existing business model. If the business model must be modified to pursue the opportunity, advocate such changes with management and obtain approval for implementation.
- Analyze each opportunity, acquire as quickly as possible a detailed understanding of the procurement strategy and advocate with customers to minimize our risks and disadvantages and maximize our probability of winning.
- Form partnerships and teaming arrangements with other firms to enable NCS to compete successfully on each opportunity.
- Track future opportunities.
- Monitor bid boards, including FBO, GSA eBuy, FedBid, and SLED sites, for potential opportunities.
- Read and analyze RFPs.
- Develop questions in response to RFPs.
- Conduct and participate in meetings with internal resources, customers, and partners to create winning proposals.
- Develop and formalize a winning strategy for each opportunity.
- Develop outline and schedule including project milestones.
- Fully convey the winning strategies to other members of the proposal teams.
- Ensure that the winning strategies are properly translated into and reflected throughout our proposals.
- Assign writing and editing responsibilities.
- Serve as the Point of Contact between company and the Government.
- Coordinate inputs from various groups (Sales, Product Management, Engineering, Purchasing, etc.).
- Lead status and review meetings.
- Write and edit proposal sections.
- Complete proposal-specific Government forms (i.e. SF1449, SF30, Reps & Certs, W-9, etc.).
- Create the final proposal documents, both electronic and hard copy versions.
- Request and attend debriefings.
- Participate in metrics collection and analysis.
- Maintain the company’s Bid Repository.
Qualifications: To carry out his/her duties and responsibilities, the individual must possess the following qualifications and personality attributes.
- Minimum of 5 years of Proposal Development/Management.
- High English language proficiency, both spoken and written.
- Must have sufficient knowledge of the FAR/DFAR and Government/DOD procurement practices.
- Knowledge of Government Contracting, specifically Requests for Proposals.
- Experience with IT product delivery acquisitions.
- Must be extremely detailed oriented.
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task on a sustained basis.
- Strong interpersonal networking skills and able to build relationships with individuals with diverse personalities.
- Persistent, patient and relentless in pursuing opportunities.
- Strong analytical skills and must possess the ability to separate "the wheat from the chaff" efficiently in determining when and where to focus resources.
- At least 5 years of experience with Word, Excel, and PDF editing.
- Familiar with creation and editing of graphics, such as flowcharts.
- Ability to work in high-stress, deadline-driven environment.
- Formal proposal management training desired (i.e. Shipley).
- Commensurate with experience and abilities.
Director of Strategic Sales
Background: NCS is a growing innovator, manufacturer, and integrator of a wide range of computing devices for enterprises of all sizes. We are seeking a Director of Strategic Sales to develop and grow the sales of our NCS and our OEM partners' products and solutions across all customer accounts wherever opportunities present themselves. This position will be responsible for managing all efforts of securing and winning each opportunity including sales, marketing, partnership formation with OEMs, distributors & prime contract holders, relationship building, technical and business requirement analysis, solution developments, etc. The individual appointed to this position will report to the Vice President of Sales.
- Must be able to independently uncover or follow leads gathered by other groups within NCS, quickly qualify them, and formulate & implement action plans to develop them into bona fide opportunities.
- Work across all account territories where NCS may or may not have a presence. If NCS has a presence, at the request of management, work collaboratively with the existing NCS sales personnel to capture the opportunity.
- Take ownership of the business as if it is one's own utilizing the resources NCS provides. Be the entrepreneur creating and fulfilling demand for NCS offerings.
- Manage the strategic direction of your opportunities (and accounts). Relying on Sales, Business Development, Account, and Program Managers and all other resources within the company to implement said direction and grow the business accordingly. Work closely with the NCS Program Management Team to make sure they are aware of your efforts and overall directions by including them in your deliberation and communication.
- Manage each sales opportunity from beginning to end. Track all emerging demand for products/solutions and provide pre-sales and post-sales coaching to the NCS Customer Service Team to ensure 100% customer satisfaction. Familiarize all relevant groups within NCS with the opportunities you're tracking.
- Create opportunities by connecting the dots from disparate elements that appear unrelated to the naked eye but are actually intricately intertwined and can result in meaningful business. Do so by developing a keen understanding of the customers' organizational structure, issues/problems for which they are seeking solutions, and NCS' resources, capabilities, and ecosystem, and imagining how said elements can be interconnected to form business propositions.
- Guide yourself and other resources within NCS to influence and shape customers' demand by becoming aware of them first, stay abreast and ahead of them in all phases of the procurement, and prepare to bid and win when the requirement is finalized and released to the public by having the most advantageous solutions (technical, business, & partnership) ready.
- Work closely with the proposal team on formal solicitations by managing NCS' relationship with the potential customers and business partners as necessary and appropriate. Be a "force multiplier" for the proposal team by intervening where and when appropriate and necessary to enhance the solution, accelerate the proposal preparation effort, and improve our chances of winning.
- Understand all the specific details of the customer requirements. If they cannot be satisfied with general offerings on NCS BPAs or ID/IQ contracts, then initiate, lead, advocate, and innovate the development of technical and business solutions for such requirements. Factor in higher margins commensurate with complex solutions. At the same time, use the opportunities to ingratiate one's self with the customers by virtue of being able to offer unique capabilities and services.
- For each emerging opportunity, quickly identify the partners that NCS must enlist to develop the solutions and register the opportunity with them as soon as possible for registered pricing.
- Maintain an opportunity pipeline that is at least three times larger than one's revenue and margin targets at all times.
- Focus a majority of time on communicating and meeting with customers. Getting in front of customers for face-to-face meetings should be the priority. Periodically brief the VP of Sales on the status of your efforts specifically showing a persistent and sustained pursuit of new and existing business.
- Research the customers, their requirements, build a business case for each travel requirement, and document it in Salesforce before expending the company resources to do so. Make sure each trip is fully justified from financial and time management perspectives.
- Seek ways to position NCS products including desktops, notebooks, servers, storage, and VDI devices for inclusion into customer's IT infrastructure. Deftly mix low margin commodity sales with higher margin complex solution sales to meet overall margin targets.
- Bring customers' perspectives to the Product Development, Product Management, and Engineering teams to influence their efforts in the hope of developing products/solutions that are of interest to other NCS customers.
- Develop an annual business plan under the guidance of the VP of Sales for your overall responsibilities and assigned revenue/margin goals. Such plan should include information such as targeted customers & opportunities, products and contract positioning, partnership formation, high level marketing efforts, etc.
- Experience with DoD agencies, especially DISA and DHA, strongly preferred.
- Enterprise-level HPE / Aruba sales experience a plus.
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task on a sustained basis.
- Persistence and patience in pursuing opportunities.
- Strong analytical skills.
- The ability to separate "the wheat from the chaff" efficiently in determining when and where to focus one's own and corporate resources.
- Minimum five years of experience selling products and solutions to DOD/Federal customers.
- Thoroughly familiar with sales practices employed in the computer industry.
- Demonstrated successful track record in sales.
- Must have knowledge and experience with the Federal acquisition practices and procedures.
- Desktop VDI experience or exposure strongly desired.
- Must be totally customer/market focused.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal networking skills.
- Strong written and oral communication, and negotiating skills.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, science, or engineering.
NCS Technologies, Inc. provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital states or disability