VDI In Education - K-12 Education
NCS zero clients working with VMware Hoizon View comply with the Common Core Standard initiative.
- Zero clients using the PCoIP remote display protocol deliver the best performance and user experience for VMware Horizon View users. All NCS zero clients use Teradici-based PCoIP technology. In addition, NCS offers the world's first notebook zero client, the Cirrus LT mobile zero client lapto. For more information on the Cirrus LT notebook and PCoIP technology, please go to http://www.ncst.com/content/cirrus-lt-brochure
- Leveraging VMware Horizon View to deliver online tests in a virtual desktop environment ensures compliance with Common Core state consortiums PARCC and Smarter Balanced technical and security requirements - while giving IT the flexibility to optimize the use of computing resources. With Horizon View, security and privacy of student information is maintained while test integrity is preserved.
- VMware has achieved "TestNav Qualified" status with Pearson, which is used by the PARCC state consortium. VMware is currently working on official certification with American Institutes for Research, which is used by the Smarter Balanced state consortium. In addition, the VMware Desktop as a Service offering, VMware Horizon© Air™ Desktops, has achieved "TestNav Qualified" status as well. If test station hardware fails, a new test
- Delivery of online testing with virtual desktops speeds the rollout of online testing and eases support as everything is done from a central location.
- NCS VDI Testing Lab in a Box: Learn about the 30-user desktop zero client testing lab and the 30-user notebook zero client testing lab packages, including all necessary software, clients and converged VDI appliance. Please go to Request Information
- Learn more about leveraging VMWare in the K-12 environment at http://www.vmware.com/industry/education/k-12-education.html